Friday, June 24, 2011

Only 58 More Days!

Ahhhh.... I love the sound of that! I've enjoyed being pregnant and I've been fortunate not to have any complications or discomfort so far... but only 58 more days... that has a real ring to it :)

Here are some quick pictures and updates:

This is my last attempt at regular jeans! LOL! I'm really pushing the envelope...

I finally broke down and bought the real deal - full panel maternity jeans in a size 10... it had to be done. The weather is getting warmer so it's a bit of a bummer to have an extra layer on my tummy, but at least I'm not sharing my printed undies with the rest of the world. I'm sure everyone else appreciates it :)

Notice also that the wedding ring is missing?
It no longer fits on my swollen fingers... Tyler lost his wedding ring some time ago, so now it's really interesting to places together and see the strange looks of disapproval we get from people. Apparently, traditional relationships are still all the rage! I feel a bit sorry for those that really aren't married, but are committed to raising a baby together... they deserve some props, too!

Anywho - moving away from my soapbox...

Here are some fun pictures from our 29 week ultrasound. Piper is in the 60th growth percentile and therefore very average and right on track for her due date of August 21st. We're visiting the OB office every two weeks now to make sure she's not in distress and that my blood pressure is steady and healthy. So far, all check-ups have been wonderful!

Here is our first 4-D picture of Piper... you can really start to see her features here! Her face is kinda smunched up - she didn't really like all the poking and prodding of the ultrasound while we tried to shake her up and get her to move :)

The distortion on her left eye is literally her FOOT right up in her eye socket - and she wasn't about to move it! LOL!

Here you can make out her hand... we think she's sucking her thumb! And you can see the silhouette of her nose and cheeks a bit.

And lastly, this picture shows the bottom of her foot floating in the upper-left-hand corner.

We can't wait for her arrival - she's gonna be a precious little girl!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Oh my goodness, we are SO excited to meet her!! Please let us know if you need anything at all when she arrives, we'd love to bring you dinner sometime. :)

Beth said...

Hi Kelsey!
I was just doing some blog hopping and somehow came across your blog!! Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I am SO happy for you! And Piper is such a fun and pretty name.

I hope you are doing well, and wish you all the best! (((Hugs!)))
~Beth Rogers