Tuesday, July 6, 2010

WEEK 2: One Weekend - Two Shots (challenge)

OK - I'm still here. Still taking photos. That's a good sign. I might be able to stick to this after all. Here are my two....err....three shots from the weekend:

Paint is happening. We're so excited! Thank you Stacie and Jon for the buckets of paint as our housewarming gift... we wouldn't be anywhere near this phase if not for you :)


Our Entry - BEFORE

Our Entry - AFTER

I love the drama the dark color creates, especially at night. The majority of the house is staying light, open and airy, but I just had to have some kind of dramatic entrance - lol! Our friend and painter, Rob (let me know if you're interested in his services - he's amazing!) is doing a great job. He's quick and very affordable. He'll be here all week, so I'm sure by next weekend, I'll have more before-and-afters to share.

Window tint is getting done tomorrow at 7am sharp and shutters are due in from China in about 4 weeks... it's coming together. Privacy will be a very welcome amenity to have again :)

Oh T.G.I.Friday's!

This is the exact location where Tyler and I met 6 years ago... it's since burned down and amazingly, this corner of the building is all that remains, and you can barely make out where the sign used to sit... the wood behind faded from the blazing Arizona sun.

We're hopeful our marriage won't burn to the ground as this building has... ;-) We have very fond memories of this place and our bartender, Jason. As far as we know, he left years ago.... so Jason - we hope you're safe out there doing something you love.

All good things must come to an end.... and our time at Friday's is no exception. Here's to new places, people and experiences!

R.I.P T.G.I.Friday's.

1 comment:

meg said...

I love the color! So sad to hear about the TGI Fridays...you and Tyler can always remember the moment you first met. The restaurant name may change,but not the location! :)